The New Brewing Company has taken data that they already have and maintain, and present it in a way that helps market their brand, drive traffic to their site, and provides a simple solution for their fans.
The interface is very comfortable and simple. Just add your location and markers appear on the map. They have added a buffer tool selection which is pretty standard though affective, and an easy way to check what type you are looking for.
What I like:
- The use of marker symbols to note if the beer is on draft or by retail packaging
- I love the twitter stream to the left. This makes the user be a part of something bigger then just a six pack, makes them feel part of the New Belgium Herd
- I like the use of the standard map controls. Nothing fancy just familiar!
- When clicking on a beer in the popup it brings you to a page and provides details about that beer. Cool!
- Locator facts are confusing and clutter the screen. Might be better as a new link.
- Clicking on another location should close the previous balloon. (Small usability issue)
- The legend is below the scroll line and out of sight. It took me a bit to find it.
- It would be simple enough to add driving directions to the address on the popup balloon
- Move the legend up so that it is visible without scrolling
If you enjoyed the post, please share it:
New Belgium Brewing Company Libate Me! A Post By - @SkipCody http://bit.ly/n3MnI4 #GOOGLEMAP #MAP #FATTIRE